In a new press release, the IRS announced the opening times and locations of taxpayer assistance centers in 7 Gulf cities for Gulf oil spill victims, on July 17th.
The following locations will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Central Time:
- 1110 Montlimar Drive, Mobile, Ala.
- 651-F West 14th St., Panama City, Fla.
- 7180 9th Ave. North, Pensacola, Fla.
- 2600 Citiplace Centre, Baton Rouge, La.
- 423 Lafayette St., Houma, La.
- 1555 Poydras Street, New Orleans, La.
- 11309 Old Highway 49, Gulfport, Miss.
Individuals who have questions about the tax treatment of BP claims payments or who are experiencing filing or payment hardships because of the oil spill will be able to work directly with IRS personnel at any of these locations on Saturday.
Last week, the IRS announced the opening of a dedicated phone line for victims of the Gulf oil spill –– 866-562-5227. This special toll-free line is open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and will also be open to callers on Saturday, July 17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Central Time.