Monday, July 05, 2010

Questions for the Tax Lady: July 5th, 2010

Check out the following new Questions for the Tax Lady answers and feel free to ask me questions through one of the links below. You can send me an email, direct message or @ reply, and I will do my best to get an answer for you!

Question #1: I started to setup an employer identification number (EIN) through, but then called the IRS to complete the process. Now I am getting letters from the IRS with both EINs. What should I do?

Call the IRS at 866-816-2065 and explain the problem to the representative you speak with. They should provide you information on how to have one of the EINs deactivated.

Question #2: How difficult is it to change the withholdings on my paycheck?

It is not that difficult at all. Just ask your employer, or the human resources department, for a new IRS Form W-4. You can then use the worksheet to determine your allowances, or even have a specific dollar amount withheld from your paychecks.

Blog Archive