The tax deadline has finally arrived, and although today is not usually a day that taxpayers associate with saving money, many businesses are running tax day promotions to help out consumers strapped for cash. This year there are dozens of businesses offering freebies such as Starbucks, IHOP, and P.F. Chang’s, among others. The Associated Press put together a comprehensive collection of tax day discounts, check out a few of my favorites below or click here for the full list.
- CINNABON: Get two free bite-sized cupcakes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at participating mall locations as part of "Tax Day Bites!" Flavors include Chocolate Passion, 24-Carrot Cake, Vanilla Bliss and Cinnacake Classic.
- MAGGIEMOO'S: Get one free slice of ice cream pizza — ice cream with red frosting to look like sauce and white chocolate to look like cheese — at participating locations from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
- STARBUCKS: Get free brewed coffee all day Thursday if you bring your own mug, a promotion the cafe chain says is friendly to the environment as well as taxpayers.
- BOSTON MARKET: For a "last-minute tax break" — one free meal for each one you buy Thursday through Sunday — show this coupon: http://bit.ly/d1YlRO
- IHOP: Expanding on the tax deduction parents get for kids, the restaurant chain is offering free dinner for one child age 12 or younger with each adult meal purchased 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. all month long.
- P.F. CHANG'S: Get 15 percent off food purchases for dine-in or take-out, excluding alcohol and happy hour food and beverages.
- HYDROMASSAGE: Get a free massage Thursday through Sunday at participating locations. The mall-based massage chain suggests calling ahead to book an appointment. Find a location at http://www.hydromassage.com/