Monday, September 27, 2010

Prepared Remarks of IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman to the American Bar Association

In a new press release, the IRS shared the remarks of Commissioner Doug Shulman to the American Bar association. He made the speech in Toronto, Canada.

It is my great honor and privilege to be in Toronto addressing the ABA.

It is a very busy time at the IRS. And while I could speak to you today about many important issues, ranging from:

Our international efforts, including the recent announcement of the realignment and renaming of our Large and Mid-Size Business Division to Large Business and International;

To our return preparer initiative;

To our efforts to implement recent legislation;

I would like instead to focus today on transparency which is part of our larger strategy to get to and resolve taxpayer issues more quickly.

I have been clear since my first day on the job that I thought transparency and increased information flow were the key to the future of sound, fair and efficient tax administration.

Continue reading at IRS.gov…

Blog Archive