From DET news.com:
A giant tax bill makes a pretty poor baby shower gift, but that's what the IRS and New York gave singer Alicia Keys's husband, record-producer Swizz Beatz, who owes more than $2.6 million in delinquent taxes, records show.
Beatz, 32, and Keys welcomed a baby son in mid-October. Days later, the state of New York slapped yet another tax lien on Beatz, real name Kasseem Dean. Not to be outdone, the IRS sent its regards this week.
- The IRS filed a $283,562 lien against Swizz Beatz on Monday with the New York City Register.
- The state of New York filed a $134,738 tax warrant against him and his ex-wife, R&B singer Mashonda on Oct. 23. The warrant is filed with the New York County Clerk.
- The IRS filed a $652,727 lien against Swizz Beatz, real name Kasseem Dean, on June 3 with the Rockland County (N.Y.) Clerk. According to the lien, which you can see here, he owes income taxes from 2008.
- The state of New York filed a $162,300 tax warrant against Dean and his ex-wife Feb. 4, 2009, with the New York County Clerk.
- The IRS filed a $556,986 lien against Dean and his ex-wife on Aug. 18, 2008, in Rockland County. They owe 2007 income taxes, according to this public record.
- The IRS filed an $842,645 lien against Dean and his ex-wife March 4, 2008, with the Somerset County (N.J.) Clerk. According to this lien, they owe income taxes from 2006.