Is this a start to the changes we all know are so desperately needed? According to WaysAndMeans.house.gov, the committee will host the first in a series of hearings on fundamental tax reform today. The focus of the hearing is listed below.
The hearing will examine the economic and administrative burdens imposed by the current structure of the Federal income tax. It will explore the cost of complexity borne by American families, the cost of a corporate tax system that is increasingly out-of-step with the rest of the world, and the broader cost to the U.S. economy of a tax system that fails to maximize job creation and impedes economic growth.
The following witnesses are expected to testify:
- The Honorable Nina E. Olson, National Taxpayer Advocate
- Robert A. McDonald, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Warren S. Hudak, President, Hudak & Company, LLC
- Kevin A. Hassett, Ph.D., Senior Fellow & Director of Economic Policy Studies, American Enterprise Institute
- Martin A. Sullivan, Ph.D., Contributing Editor, Tax Analysts