The Tax Foundation Blog recently conducted an interview with interview with Ms. Nina Olson, the nation's Taxpayer Advocate at the IRS. The podcast interview can be downloaded at the Tax Policy Podcast page.
In the interview Ms Olson discusses the role of the Taxpayer Advocate in protecting taxpayer rights, the independence of the office, and the annual report she submits to Congress identifying problems facing taxpayers. She also talks about the problems that both the IRS and taxpayers face when they make last minute changes to the tax code. The interview is slightly over 20 minutes, but presents tons of great information for any one interested in tax policy.
- ► 2010 (1177)
- ► 2009 (987)
- 10 Ways to Avoid Back Taxes this Tax Season
- Other Countries Have Simpler Tax Systems
- IRS Reminds Farmers & Fishermen They May Have Unti...
- Clinton, Obama, & McCain: The Good, Bad, & Ugly Ca...
- Economic Stimulus FAQs
- IRS Now Processing AMT Affected Returns
- World’s Dumbest Taxpayer
- Tax Policy Podcast with Taxpayer Advocate Nina Ols...
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Correct Locations
- Top 10 Reasons Wesley Snipes Was Acquitted
- Survivor Winner’s Tax Appeal Denied
- IRS Audits More Millionaires
- IRS Promotes EITC Awareness
- IRS Warns of Rebate Scams
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2007 (191)