The Tax Foundation Tax Policy Blog has an interesting article on how other countries around the world are taking steps to simplify their tax systems. Additionally, some of these countries are greatly lowering their corporate tax rates, while the United States corporate rates remain the second highest in the industrialized world at 39.3%. According to the entry, the following countries are taking the actions listed:
- Poland may adopt a flat tax
- Iceland and Taiwan to cut corporate tax rates
- People leaving Ireland due to high personal income taxes
- Hungarian government considers a flat tax
- Kuwait cuts corporate tax rate
- Swiss canton adopts flat tax
For the full entry check out More Countries Move to Simpler, Lower Taxes.