Yesterday the White House held a press event unveiling President Obama's new Startup American program.
According to USAToday.com Startup America plans to:
- Permanently eliminate capital gains taxes on key investments in small businesses.
- Expand the New Markets Tax Credit to encourage private sector investment in startups and small businesses that operate in low-income communities.
- Direct $2 billion in existing loan guarantees over five years to match private-sector investment for startups and small businesses in underserved communities.
- Provide mentors for "clean tech" startups.
- Train veterans who want to start businesses.
- Allow entrepreneurs to request faster review of patents.